Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
You are invited to join us for our
Special Bronx Culture Birthday Trolley
Bronx Council on the Arts turns 50
Bronx Culture Trolley turns 10
The Bronx Council on the Arts (BCA) invites you to join us at the Longwood Art Gallery @ Hostos for a gala celebration to honor the Bronx Council on the Arts’ 50th anniversary (December 1962) and the Bronx Culture Trolley’s 10th anniversary (December 2002).
We will honor the many friends who have supported the Bronx Council on the Arts and its programs in the form of funding, donations, and publicity, and our community who we have enjoyed serving over the years.
Baron Ambrosia, BCA’s 50th Anniversary Ambassador and TV host of the Cooking Channel’s The Culinary Adventures of Baron Ambrosia, will host this evening of music, performances and special guests, all taking place at Longwood Art Gallery @ Hostos.
The evening will feature:
- Closing reception for Puerto Rico In Its Labyrinth, Chronicles of a Country and a World in Crisis, works on paper and sculpture by Jose Buscaglia,
- Music by DJ Paulo Rojas,
- Poet, singer, actor, comedian, and spoken word artist Flaco Navaja,
- Dancer/choreographer Milteri Tucker,
- A special anniversary/birthday cake provided by Brees Delicious Delights,
- Lincoln Art Exchange,
- A trip to the Bronx Museum of the Arts for a book signing, a coquito tasting contest, and a tour of the museum’s current exhibitions,
- A trip to Pregones Theater to view En Foco’s photo exhibition, Relaciones & Relatos / Relations & Tale,
- Back at the gallery, a “Happy Birthday” sing-along and eating the cake,
- A concert by jazz artist Andy Gonzalez, and
- Photo opps in front of the trolley.
Admission is free! All are welcome!